November 21, 2021
Nominations for our General Election officially closed on November 11, 2021 and letters of acceptance for nominations were accepted through November 18, 2021. Every open position had just one member who was nominated and/or accepted therefore all positions are unopposed and DECLARED ELECTED. No vote will be held for this year’s Unopposed Officer Elections.
Subsequently, only the proposed Constitution & Bylaws will be voted on during the General Election on December 7, 2021 and all previously announced dates for Absentee & Early voting remain unchanged for members to cast their votes on the proposed Bylaw changes.
Please be advised that per the Constitution & Bylaws the newly elected Executive Board Officers “shall be installed at the January general meeting, at which time they shall assume the duties of their respective office.” Therefore, any vacancies which may be created by internal movements of officers’ will not be posted until January 14, 2022.
As the IAFF Local 244 Sergeant at Arms and Election Committee Chair, I would like to thank each and every member for their participation in the election/nomination process. I would also like to offer my personal congratulations to our new Executive Board Officers.
If you need to cast an 'Absentee Ballot' please contact at 505-307-5981 to schedule a time on the following dates: 11/22, 11/23 or 11/24/21.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Aaron Flores, Sergeant at Arms
IAFF Local 244
2021 General Election Results:
- General President – Justin Cheney
- General Secretary – Bryan Breeswine
- Sergeant at Arms (1 YR TERM) – Aaron Flores
- County Chief Steward – Justin Tibbetts
- County 1st Steward – Amon Roe
- County 3rd Steward – Ruben Bustamante
- County 4th Steward (1 YR TERM) – Theodore Ygbuhay
- County 1st Trustee- Steven Cordova
- County 2nd Trustee (1 YR TERM)-Adam Fuentes
- City Vice President -Matt Watkins
- City 1st Steward – VACANT
- City 3rd Steward – Zack Nichols
- City 4th Steward (1 YR TERM)- Justin Mesch
- City 5th Steward - Cris Cruz
- City 1st Trustee-Martin Salazar