Setup Thunderbird Email Client
1. Click on 'Tools', then
click on 'Account Settings'.
A new window will pop up.
2. Click on 'Edit' in the new window, and click on 'Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings'.
3. Click on 'Outgoing Server(SMTP)' in the list.
4. Enter mail.iaff244.org' in the 'Outgoing Server' field, and make sure the 'Port' field has '25' in it.
5. Click on 'Add Account'
towards the bottom of that window on the left hand side.
An 'Account Wizard' window will pop up that says 'New Account Setup.'
6. Select 'Email Account', as the type of account you would like to create, then click on 'Next'.
7. Fill out the 'Your Name' field with your name, and put in your iaff244.org email address in the appropriate field. Click 'Next' when you have filled in the fields.
8. Select 'POP' as the type of incoming email server you are using. In the 'Incoming Server' field, put in mail.iaff244.org. Click 'Next'.
9. In the field 'Incoming User Name' and 'Outgoing User Name', put in your username for full email address including @iaff244.org. Click 'Next'
10. In the field 'Account Name', enter the name you want to display. The default name is fine.
11. You should now be at a 'Congratulations' Screen. Verify all of the information, and click 'Finish'.
To activate the Junk Mail
filter included in Thunderbird, select Tools. Select Junk Mail Controls, and
then click on the 'Adaptive Filters' tab and select 'Enable adaptive junk
You are now ready to start using email with Thunderbird!